Sunday, March 22, 2015

What happened in week 8 and 9?

   
yes that's right! two entries as one!

    I hope you all had a good term test 2! I found the questions 3 fair considering we had 50 minutes to answer them all and I was in the evening section so if you were too, you are probably aware that one of the questions was from a lab exercise. I really like to know how I did on the exams I take but given the current situation, it's not really fair to ask our instructors Danny and Dianne for marks because I am sure like most of our other lectures, they are working really hard to enable us to finish this semester. There is a tentative agreement that is being discussed between the university and CUPE members as I am writing this entry for you, I hope they do reach an agreement soon so we can have our TAs back and use their knowledge for the rest of the course.
    
    One more thing before I get back to the the course topics of the past two weeks! Remember that subjectPOSts are happening soon and the first opening is April 1 for some applications! Check out more stuff about the open house and the deadlines and what you should do right here.

I don't have a lot to talk about around the BTS topic, I think in my last entries I have talked about them. And you have to excuse me when I say I haven't had the time to work on the lab09 exercises. These remaining two weeks will be a really busy time for me, I have an important calculus midterm, two papers and we have A3 for this beloved course.

Me and My body Keirn have been working on the assignments together. In A2 his focus was on Minimax which he did a great job and I tried to implement an smart Tippy game (which I failed to do so but it still was great practice). therefore now that we have been given two options for A3, Keirn has decided to go with option be, since he has a good grasp of what he did on Minimax and he is improving it on the three levels asked by option A.  I on the other hand decided to work on option B! In the first two days it was a mess! a huge MESS. I couldn't even get one function right! I would get NoneType outputs when I was supposed to get integers and so on. But on the third day, after I stubbed my toe really hard and blood was everywhere, in my first attempt, I suddenly got what I was doing wrong, which I will write about in upcoming weeks. I have implemented all the functions except the last two! I ran into a small detail-ish problem in game_descriptions but i'm confident that with a little thinking, it's going to be fixed.



No comments:

Post a Comment